Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is used to delivering Cloud Computing infrastructure – servers, storage, network and operating systems, as an on-demand service. Instead than purchasing servers, software, datacenter space or network equipment, clients rather buy those resources as an outsourced service on demand.
Also known as ‘Hosted Infrastructure’, it provides businesses with Dynamic Datacentre infrastructure architecture that is robust, scalable, secure and highly available.
Our Hosting Infrastructure is monitored and maintained through integrated management toolsets together with the required management and maintenance processes and practices. It utilises the latest server platforms and virtualisation technologies as well as hardware and storage solutions.
IaaS provides on demand computing infrastructure (server and storage) up to the level of operating system. Our initial offering covers physical or virtual servers on Intel technologies. The options are as follows:
- Server on Demand – Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2012 R2 or Red Hat.
- Storage on demand – Selectable in Gigabyte blocks.
- Virtualisation – VMWare or Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Optional Backup.
The following core characteristics describe what IaaS is:
- Resources are distributed as a service.
- Allows for dynamic scaling.
- Has a variable cost, utility pricing model.
- Generally, includes multiple users on a single piece of hardware.